Past & Present
May the 4th Be With You
Don’t be confused. Force yourself to mark your calendar for July 7, 2018 for this year’s flotilla. The theme is Star Wars Past & Present. Perhaps the Millennium Falcon will travel to a galaxy far, far away or at least to Lake
This family- friendly, free event will take place at 1:00 PM, water front at Patona Bay. So if you are a fan, geek or just wanting to have fun, plan to join other warriors on the water or shoreline for a traditional great time.
Additional details to be published within the next few months. Log into www.ltpo.org for updates.
While celebrating the 4 of July, remember, “Heroes get remembered, the legends never die.”
Dan Drook, Flotilla Chair
For more information, contact Dan Drook at 574-527-7587 or
Permanent link to this article: http://ltpo.org/flotilla/
Cover Pictures Needed for the
2018 Lake Tippecanoe Property Owners
If you are interested in submitting any photos for the LTPO directory cover, please email them to Ian Crighton
Things to consider when choosing images:
- Faces are best. I use a few “scenic” photos every year, but mostly people.
- These images are reproduce as a small size, so if they are too complex, it’s hard to see the subject matter.
- The printed resolution is 300 dpi. That ,eans any images less than 600 x 600 pixels will not work.
The deadline is March 10.
Permanent link to this article: http://ltpo.org/ltpo-directory-cover/
ICE FISHING SAFELY
WHEN IN DOUBT,
DON’T GO OUT! BEWARE OF THIN ICE
Every winter, thousands of Hoosiers enjoy fishing, skating, hiking or just sliding around on frozen ponds and lakes. And every year, people drown after falling through ice. Like driving on snow, Hoosiers need to re-learn how to have safe fun on ice.
WARN KIDS ABOUT PLAYING ON
FROZEN LAKES AND STREAMS
If You Are Fishing:
- Drill your own test hole near shore. Your test hole should show at least a four-inch thickness of clear ice like you get from your freezer.
- Wear a life jacket for extra warmth and safety.
- Be aware of various ice strengths and qualities. One area of a pond may be a foot thick while another spot of ice may only be an inch thick.
- Ice strength can also change. Thick ice is rotten after rain. Old honey-combed ice, slush ice or ice with current under it is also dangerous. New ice is almost always stronger that old ice. Wind, waterfowl and beavers can also keep areas of ice thin.
- Indiana law limits ice fishing holes to a diameter of 12 inches.
- Fishing shanties must have reflectors on each side so snowmobiles won’t crash into them at dusk or during snowstorms.
USE THESE GUIDELINES TO JUDGE THE SAFETY
OF FRESH, SOLID ICE
|1 inch of ice||STAY OFF!!!|
|4 inches of ice||Needed for safe ice fishing|
|5 inches of ice||Needed for snowmobiling|
|8 inches of ice||Needed to support the weight of a car or light
|10 inches of ice||Needed to support a medium weight truck|
Permanent link to this article: http://ltpo.org/ice-fishing-safely/
Chair Ron Chamber
Permanent link to this article: http://ltpo.org/water-quality/
Lake Tippecanoe Property Owners
Annual Fishing Contest
July 1, 2017 TO June 30, 2018
CONTESTANT MUST BE A CURRENT LTPO MEMBER OR IN A MEMBER’S HOUSEHOLD
|Patona Bay Boat Co.||
2EMS T33B / Leesburg, IN
|Pie-Eyed Petey’s Marina||70 EMS T16 Ln / Leesburg, IN|
|Tippecanoe Boat Co.||301 EMS T46 Ln / Leesburg, IN|
|Ye Old Tackle Box||708 S Main St, / North Webster, IN|
Permanent link to this article: http://ltpo.org/fishing-contest/
Permanent link to this article: http://ltpo.org/fireworks/
Lake Tippecanoe Property Owners
2017 Safe Boating Class
June 21, 22, 23 at 6 p.m.
The Safe Boating class is offered free of charge. Parents and grandparents are also encouraged to participate. If you know of anyone who is not a member, please make them aware of this very beneficial opportunity.
The class will be held on June 21, 22, 23 at 6 p.m. at Patona Bay Marina in the Showroom – All materials are furnished. The class will be taught by the IDNR. Sponsored by the Lake Tippecanoe Property Owners (LTPO).
Refreshments will be provided by the Lake Tippecanoe Women’s Association.
To Enroll Call
Patona Bay Marina at 574-453-3970
Permanent link to this article: http://ltpo.org/safe-boating-class/
Fish & Tenderloin Fry
June 23, 2018
The 2018 LTPO Fish & Tenderloin fry, sponsored by LTPO, will take place on Saturday, June 23 from 5:00—8:00 PM at Camp Crosley located at EMS T2A. Rain or shine, indoor dining and carry out is available. Tickets are $10 for adults and children 10 and under are free. Extra tickets are available at the door.
It takes a lot of volunteers to make this event successful. if
you are able to help please contact:
Mark Aker / (574) 253-2871
Angie Drook / (574) 453-7707
The Lake Tippecanoe Women’s Association will again be selling the desserts for the LTPO Annual Fish & Tenderloin Fry. We are asking for help in providing these tasty items such as pies, brownies or cup cakes. If you bring a pan or dish and want it back, please label it with your name and phone number. All items are to be delivered to Camp Crosley Dining Hall between 2:00—5:00 PM on Saturday June 18. If you have questions, please contact Esther Keller at (574) 529-0583.
Others Activities During the Fish Fry
Gary Gerard will perform starting at 5 PM. Sit back, dance or sing to Gary’s blend of classic rock and blues.
The Kosciusko County Scuba Dive Team will have lakeside demonstrations at 5 PM and 6:30 PM. Watch them recreate the practices of recovering a drowning victim. The divers will also be available to talk about the equipment used and tactical measures that assist them in saving lives.
Fish Fry Committee / Women’s Association
Permanent link to this article: http://ltpo.org/fish-tenderloin-fry/
Five Things You Should Know About LTPO’s Fireworks Display
- Fireworks are scheduled for Saturday, July 7th at 10:30 PM weather permitting.
- If there are any last minute changes, an email will be sent to this address.
- Please remain outside the buoyed area Saturday after you see the fireworks barges as these barges are heavily loaded and boat wakes can cause them to rock violently.
- Attached is a poster thanking this year’s fireworks donors. Please find your name on the list and thank you for your support.
- LTPO enters into three year contracts for our fireworks displays to take advantage of discounts. Next year we will be renewing our three year commitment and additional donations are needed to maintain the quality of our show.
Permanent link to this article: http://ltpo.org/ltpos-fireworks-display/
Distinguished Lake Citizen Award
The Distinguished Lake Citizen Award Committee wants to remind Lake residents to be thinking about possible candidates for this coming seasonal award.
Eligible candidates are individuals who reside full or part time on Tippecanoe, James or Oswego Lakes for at least five (5) years and are members of the Lake Tippecanoe Property Owners Association.
We are looking to honor that individual or family who has made a positive impact on the quality of life at the lake. Think about that person in your neighborhood or landing that seems to be the “living” example of an individual who cares for the environment, our properties and the well-being of fellow residents; maybe it’s the landing director that always takes the time to represent his/her neighbors at the meetings and is actively involved with the Association.
Last year’s recipient, Dave Swart, was honored for his stewardship of the Lake and the years of spirit and leadership. So give some thought to the residents of your landing. The Committee will certainly welcome all recommendations.
Committee Members: Connie Anthony, Gary Calhoun, Mark Ennes,
Mike Lattimer & Jeff Thornburgh
Sponsors must submit their nomination on the form provided.
Please mail your nomination to:
LTPO, PO Box 224, Leesburg, IN 46538
or send electronically to .
Applications will not be returned and will be kept on file for one year after submitted.
- Any person(s) who reside full or part time on Tippecanoe, James or Oswego Lakes
- Has been a lake resident for no less than five (5) years
- Has made a positive impact on the quality of life on Tippecanoe, James or Oswego Lakes
- Must be a member of Lake Tippecanoe Property Owners, Inc.
2015 Distinguished Lake Citizen Application
|1996||Dr. Betty Jo Koss|
|2004||The Schwartz Family - Bob, Linda, Rachel, Becky & Pete (the Portuguese Water Dog)|
|2010||Richard & Marsha Smith|
|2014||Richard Armstrong & Ball Brothers Foundation|
Permanent link to this article: http://ltpo.org/2015-distinguished-lake-citizen-award/